DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center. DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michigan market, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Reports to the Market Chief Financial Officer and directs the operational, personnel and financial activities for the Detroit Marketâ��s Laboratory Services area.
Oversees/directs the development of policies/procedures for Laboratory Services; approves policies and seeks other system, regional or clinical service approval as appropriate.
Plans and directs all laboratory operations and sales activities with the objective of providing high quality service combined with maximum profit and return on invested capital.
Develops short to long range goals and measures for the Laboratory Services and oversees the assessment of goal attainment.
Creates and seeks approval of organizational structures.
Develops, seeks approval of, monitors and ensures compliance with budget for Laboratory Services.
Represents the laboratory with customers, the medical community, and the public.
Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations,
Joint Commission requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations.
Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related Health Science Specialty. Meets CLIA requirements for General Supervisor. Prefer a Masterâ��s in Allied Health Specialty or Health Administration or Business.
2. Seven years of progressive management experience in an acute care facility. Prefer Lab Director experience.
3. Registered in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent).
1. Analytical ability to serve in an advisory/consultative role in determining and/or developing strategies, policies, processes, protocols and methods, frequently in the absence of guidelines or technical assistance, and to evaluate and direct complex systems that foster innovative approaches to procedures/processes on a system-wide basis.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills for frequent contacts in internal customers as well as stakeholders external to the DMC to persuade or negotiate on a wide range of subjects in situation which may be controversial, sensitive and/or lead to confrontation. A mastery of a variety of communication modalities is required to include leading meetings, making formal presentations, and writing complex documents and managing complex relationships over time.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Technical knowledge related to the provision of Laboratory Services.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.