DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center. DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michigan market, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under limited supervision, acts as liaison with interdepartmental personnel and management to resolve daily problems concerning clients, responds to technical inquiries, resolves client issues and concerns.
1. Acts as liaison with inter-departmental personnel and management to resolve daily problems and client concerns.
2. Assists sales staff in the set up of new accounts with supplies, requisition forms and client orientation.
3. Tracks new and sensitive accounts to make sure the results, turn-around-time and patient data all meet the clients specifications.
4. Assists in preparing technical bulletins, charts, manuals and newsletters to keep the clients updated on laboratory procedures.
5. Reviews outreach laboratory reports on a daily basis and follows through with the proper department on any discrepancy noted.
6. Keeps the sales staff informed of any unusual occurrences within the laboratory that would have an effect on a client/account.
7. Serves as a contact person for Outreach clients to answer technical questions and help resolve problems.
8. Serves on Ad-HOC committees and work groups on a departmental and system level as needed.
9. Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures related to service improvements.
10. Instructs and advises staff on methods and procedures regarding laboratory testing at offsite locations, i.e. physician offices.
11. Problem solves technical and billing issues and implements preventative measures.
12. Upholds DMC Laboratories image and maintains good public relations between all personnel and accounts.
13. Performs duties of professional service representative as necessary to maintain uninterrupted customer service.
1. Associates degree in science or equivalent. Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or related sciences preferred.
2. One to two years of customer service experience or related field.
3. Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) registry highly desired.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 8:00 AMShift End: 4:00 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.